It’s easy to see why house sitting has become such a popular activity. Despite the fact that there are generally no financial gains to be had there are certainly a great number of benefits that can be taken advantage of by taking care of someone else’s home whilst they are away.
1. Discover and explore new places – towns, cities even countries – whilst living in free accommodation.
2. Have a change of environment for a few days or weeks and a chance to see and do things that differ from your normal routine.
3. Save money whilst you travel by cooking home cooked meals whilst staying somewhere more luxurious than a hostel or B&B.
4. Visit friends or relatives who don’t have space for you in their own homes.
5. Most homes now have Internet or Wifi so take advantage and stay connected.
6. If the weather is bad or there is nothing to do you have a house full of mod cons and pets to keep you entertained.
7. People who work at home can take their laptop and continue to work as they travel and experience new parts of the world.
8. If you love Pets then imagine traveling around the world in beautiful places caring for dogs and cats.